Singapore-based Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts has signed 27 hotel agreements to expand its four brands—Banyan Tree, Angsana, Dhawa and Cassisa—worldwide.
This includes opening its first European property this summer, the Angsana Corfu in Greece, as well as the first Banyan Tree in Japan (Kyoto).
The Angsana brand currently has 49 resorts in 25 countries with another three properties slated to open this year.
Angsana Corfu, Greece
Due to open in July, the 199-room resort will have the island’s largest spa with 16 treatment rooms including five rooftop spa pavilions and the largest outdoor infinity pool. It also will have five restaurants.
Angsana Telik Bahaing, Penang, Malaysia
Slated to open in Q4, this resort has 230 rooms and suites overlooking the Andaman Sea. Public spaces include two restaurants and a bar, meeting and event facilities and an adjacent wellness center.
Angsana Siem Reap, Cambodia
Opening around the same time as the Malaysian resort, this 158-room project will include several dining options, a spa and meetings spaces.
Angsana Xishuangbanna, China
This property opened in January within the Horon Monbala Royal Southeast Asian Botanical Garden Resort Zone, an hour’s drive from downtown Jinghong of Xishuangbanna. The property has a 8,400-square-meter hot springs center with 21 outdoor pools within five thematic zones, five spa pavilions and “Spring Forest,” Angsana’s signature hydrothermal experience.
Redevelopment in Japan
In March, Banyan Tree and Richesse Management signed a management agreement to operate the first Banyan Tree hotel in Japan. The Hotel Ryozen in Kyoto will cease operations by year’s end as the property prepares for redevelopment. The 60-room resort is slated to open by 2022 with a specialty restaurant, a bar, a library, a gymnasium, a Banyan Tree Spa and onsen (Japanese hot springs) facilities.
Global (minus Greater China)
1. Angsana Grossgmain Salzburg & Angsana Residences Grossgmain Salzburg, Austria (2021)
2. Angsana Yasawa, Fiji
3. Dhawa Tenerife in Canary Island, Spain
4. Angsana Siem Reap, Cambodia (Q4 2019)
5. Dhawa Ho Tram, Vietnam
6. Angsana Ho Tram & Angsana Residences Ho Tram, Vietnam
7. Angsana Quan Lan Island & Angsana Residences Quan Lan Island, Vietnam
8. Banyan Tree Palau & Banyan Tree Residences Palau
9. Banyan Tree Nipah Beach Lombok, Indonesia
10. Banyan Tree Kyoto, Japan
11. Dhawa Anshun, Guizhou
12. Dhawa Chengde, Hebei
13. Cassia Wuning, Jiangxi
14. Banyan Tree Baidaihe, Hebei
15. Angsana Baidaihe, Hebei
16. Cassia Baidaihe, Hebei
17. Dhawa Baidaihe, Hebei
18. Banyan Tree Weining Lake, Guizhou
19. Angsana Weining Lake, Guizhou
20. Dhawa Weining Lake, Guizhou
21. Angsana Hot Spring Resort Longli, Guiyang
22. Dhawa Weizhou Island Beihai, Guangxi
23. Banyan Tree Quzhou, Zhejiang
24. Angsana Quzhou, Zhejiang
25. Dhawa Quzhou, Zhejiang
26. Hengqin Wellness Resort, Zhuhai Managed by Angsana
27. Dhawa Anping, Tainan